Monday, March 18, 2013


Just a little Venting (still)

So, I’m not a very outgoing person, I am a very private person and rarely tell details about my life (have my family and you probably would be the same) but I just wanted to get something off my mind that happened. Friday March 1st about 5 pm a driver in a red SUV hit me and drove away, I was not in a car and I did not get your license plate. I was crossing Lake Drive and he was turning onto Brunswick Pike northbound and was not paying attention. I had the right of way but he was only looking in one direction and when he saw an opening he drove. I was about a third of the way in passed the passenger side headlight so at some point he had to see me and still wouldn’t stop. I knew an impact was coming so I put my hands on the hood and pushed my way off to the side, if I didn’t I would have been under his passenger side tire and I doubt he would have stopped. I was yelling at him that he hit me (he did, I just used the impact to help move me out of the way) and he just drove away. He had to know he hit something, it made a sound and I was screaming, but I guess he had something more important to do than to check on the person he just hit. From now until the end of time you are a hit and run driver.
To the driver of the black SUV, sorry I yelled at but I was under such an adrenaline kick and I couldn’t believe I was just hit. Thank you for asking if I was OK but I actually wasn’t. The adrenaline hid the pain and I didn’t see the bruises on my hand and arm or feel the pain in my muscles and joints until I calmed down. My arms absorbed the entire impact and boy were they stiff and achy ( they are still a little stiff) Once again sorry for yelling, forget red bull - adrenaline gives you crazy wings.
To the woman who gave me a crazy look today, I was not stepping of the sidewalk until you made eye contact with me all I saw was you looking the other way so “sorry” I made you wait a couple of seconds but I didn’t feel like vaulting over your car. Right on red doesn’t mean slow down until there is a clearing and then gun the gas, it means stop and look both directions because cars and pedestrians exist.
Like I said I am extremely private so this may be the most you will ever read about me.
sorry for any grammar problems, never been a good writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment